The Women of Trinity ELCA invite all ladies to join us for fun, fellowship and caring for others.
Our purpose is so powerful: As a community of women, created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, the participants commit themselves to grow in faith, affirm their gifts, support one another in their callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society and the Word.
We currently have three circles:
Mary Martha Circle—meets the first Tuesday of every month at 9:30 a.m. with Bible study and social. We use the Bible Study from the monthly Women’s magazine called “Gather.
Ruth Circle—meets in Luther Hall kitchen on the third Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. with devotional and social.
Deborah Circle- meets once quarterly in the upstairs sewing room with lunch to follow. Focus projects are Lutheran World Relief and Compassionate Servers.
If none of these appeal to you, you may want to start another circle, maybe at noon or at a different location. You may want to start a group for young mothers or career women. You don’t have to join circle to help with our projects. We are always open to new ideas and would love to hear from you!
Some of the current WELCA projects are:
- Pray-visit the sick and homebound, send cards
- Plates of Love-make and deliver to sick and homebound
- Make and take Prayer Shawls and Baby Wraps for Baptism
- Make casseroles and cookies for United Campus Ministry (Victoria College and UHV)
- Provide confirmation breakfast for Confirmands and families
- Sponsor a games party after Wednesday Friends-refreshments and door prizes
- Organize walkers’ program Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
- Make and send the following items for Lutheran World Relief—tacked quilts, school kits, and soap.
- Tacked quilts are also given to the local fire department, flood victims etc.
- Hold a memorial service every December for all of the women of Trinity who have passed away in the past year.
- Hold a birthday party at Twin Pines Nursing Home in October
- Periodically clean the church’s kitchen
- Hold a Bunco party each year for all area Lutheran churches
- Donate a quilt for Luther Fest and Clifton Lutheran Sunset Home
- Donate to Katy’s fund, church office, and to our general fund each year
- Hold a Thank Offering service each year.
- Decorate the Christmas tree each year in Luther Hall
- Attend the Women’s conference, state convention and sometime the National.
- Make and raffle off a quilt each year and sell baby quilts.
We have no money making projects except for the sale of the quilts. All our projects are funded by ourselves or by generous donations that are designated to a specific project.
Come and join us-we care-we share–and we support each other!
Events and Announcements: